“Shipping made Simple!”
Shypple is here to simplify and conducting global trade frictionless!
As a digital forwarder, Shypple offers all services required to ship goods from A to Z. From door pick-ups, pick-up, customs brokerage, ocean, air and rail freight to on-demand warehousing, we are there for our customers!
Our vision is to make global trade virtually frictionless. We believe that by using technology, we will make it not only easier, but also cheaper to conduct. Trade is what makes our world prosper and we believe every person or company on the globe should have equal access to it.
Your Shypple Journey
As a sales representative you will work at the heart of Shypple’s commercial activities. You will join a team of 3 outside sales coordinators and an inside sales coordinator, together with whom you manage to reach ambitious but clear sales goals. You will be a part of our KPI driven sales strategy with the goal of establishing Shypple as a thought leader within the industry.
You will be in charge of inside and outside sales activities. However, you don’t have to be a pro just yet; we are looking for the highly talented and ambitious sales representative that want to develop themselves and aren't afraid to be challenged.
To be succesful, you master the following qualities & skills:
Discipline: To be succesful in anything, but ever the more in sales, discipline is the trait that determines your success most significantly. You start your day with energy, set clear goals, are not afraid and chase until you have what you craved for.
Verbally strong: You are very strong verbally, meaning you can explain clearly but are also persuasive. You are strong in both phone calls as well as online and live product demonstrations. You are able to show how businesses can capture value and optimize their supply chain with Shypple’s technology.
Acquisition mindset: You take initiative and have a commercially driven mindset. This means you take responsibility from lead generation, to doing cold acquisition calls and meetings. You will prepare your working weeks well in advance and make sure to have a booming agenda full of promising business.
Inside Sales & procurement: you will gather information and prepare more complex logistics quotes for your own portfolio of clients.
Analysis: You will be responsible for managing customers expected volumes on relevant trade lanes, make sure our procurement for these lanes is on par, and report this to the sales team.
Reporting: Together with the sales manager you will help out building sales reports, think of ways to improve sales effectiveness by focusing sales activities or improve procurement.
What we offer on-board:
- An inspiring working environment with highly driven and motivated colleagues
- A 1.000 euro valued laptop for business and private use
- Cool industrial office space in the city centre of Rotterdam’s famous Witte de With street. Enjoy the view of Rotterdam’s skyline from your desk. :)
- A sunny rooftop terrace for our Friday company lunch and afternoon drinks.
- Access to our newly builded gym in the basement to keep you fit and strong!
- An amazing culture of responsibility and freedom to turn your ambition into reality.
- The chance to develop yourself, using our training funding or learning from some of the best people in the field.
- The chance to disrupt one of the largest and most conservative industries in the world!
Why you are the ideal Shyppler
- You have working experience within the freight forwarding industry with hands on customer related contact and KPI driven sales strategies.
- You are a sales representative, and no need to be the in-depth pro, but you do know how to handle the responsibility of planning, executing and reporting. Discipline is key.
- You will have to do multiple jobs at once every now and then, but knowing that you can learn fast and develop yourself motivates you to get better every day.
- You know how to work in a fast growing and collaborative startup environment; this is also where you strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English will be needed.
- Even though we are striving to be the best, you stay modest, humble and down to earth.
You will get the great responsibility to be a part of our sales department to support Shypple and help us grow to the next level… while doing the same for yourself. You want to take the chance to disrupt and change one of the largest and most conservative industries in the world!
Do you want to board our shyp and join the team?