We are growing fast and looking for a Sales Representative to join our team.
As a digital forwarder, Shypple is a full-service logistics provider for shipping goods from A to Z. We enable our clients to get real-time visibility into every aspect of their supply chain using our easy-to-use dashboard and a variety of booking, planning, delivery and communication scenarios. This makes logistics easier, more efficient, and accountable while lowering hassle, communication and costs. We make shipping simple.
As a Sales Representative, you will work at the heart of Shypple’s commercial activities and join a team of three Outside Sales Coordinators and one Inside Sales Coordinator. Together, you manage to reach ambitious but clear sales goals, and become part of our KPI driven sales strategy with the goal of establishing Shypple as a leader within the industry.
You will be in charge of inside and outside sales activities. However, you don’t have to be a pro just yet; we are looking for talented and ambitious sales representatives that want to develop themselves and aren't afraid to be challenged.
About this role
You will get the great responsibility to be a part of our sales department to support Shypple and help us grow to the next level… while doing the same for yourself. You want to take the chance to disrupt and change one of the largest and most conservative industries in the world! What we're looking for:
- Discipline: Discipline is the trait that determines your success most significantly. You start your day with energy, set clear goals, are not afraid and chase until you have what you aimed for.
- Verbally strong: You are very strong verbally, can explain clearly but are also persuasive. You are strong in both phone calls as well as online and live product demonstrations. You are able to show how businesses can getvalue and optimize their supply chain with Shypple’s technology.
- Acquisition mindset: You take initiative and have a commercially driven mindset. This means you take responsibility from lead generation to doing cold acquisition calls and meetings. You will prepare your working weeks well in advance and make sure to have an agenda full with promising business.
- Inside sales & procurement: You will gather information and prepare more complex logistics quotes for your own portfolio of clients.
- Analysis: You will be responsible for managing expected volumes on relevant trade lanes, make sure our procurement for these lanes is on par, and report this to the sales team.
- Reporting: Together with the sales manager you will help out building sales reports and improve sales effectiveness by focusing sales activities or improve procurement.
What we are looking for
- You have working experience within the freight forwarding industry using hands-on customer related contact and KPI driven sales strategies.
- You are a sales representative, and no need to be the in-depth pro, but you do know how to handle the responsibility of planning, executing and reporting. Discipline is key.
- You will have to do multiple jobs at once every now and then, but knowing that you can learn fast and develop yourself motivates you to get better every day.
- You know how to work in a fast-growing and collaborative startup environment; this is also where you strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English will be needed.
- Even though we are striving to be the best, you stay modest, humble and down to earth.
What we offer
The chance to disrupt one of the largest and most conservative industries in the world.
Highly driven and motivated colleagues.
An amazing culture of responsibility and freedom to turn your ambition into reality.
An inspiring working environment in Rotterdam’s famous Witte de Withstraat, where you can enjoy a great view of the skyline and the Erasmus bridge.
A sunny rooftop terrace for our Friday company lunch and afternoon drinks.
A gym membership for our gym in the basement to keep you fit and strong.