Head of Development
Shypple is looking for a Head of Development who wants to simplify a complex service on a global scale.
Do you have a passion for hyper-growth companies and are you the self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you want to make an impact establishing the company’s technical long term vision and strategy? And do you want to execute this tech strategy with your team to develop the most innovative solutions and enable the business to become an extremely data-driven global trade platform? Read more below or apply via the “apply for this job” button!
Shypple is revolutionizing the conservative logistics sector by making shipping simple. We offer companies an easy-to-use, in-house developed web application that offers real-time visibility in every aspect of the supply chain. From our web app, logistics teams can search, compare, book and track shipments for air, rail and sea freight directly. As a "digital forwarder" we offer companies a leap in efficiency that is unprecedented within the sector. Shypple minimizes traditional error margins and saves direct and indirect costs throughout the entire process.
Your role as a Head of Development
As the Head of Development your goal is to align our development initiatives with the company’s strategy and to ensure that our tech capabilities enable us to reach our long term company targets. You ensure fast, secure, and future proof development of our applications and sets the vision for our technological landscape. You will play an integral role in enabling the company’s future growth, further driving the product and tech focus of the company, and making sure we become even more data-savvy.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting the technological vision for the company.
- Collaborate with the Management Team to develop and implement plans to realize rapid and sustainable growth on a global scale.
- Leading the development team(s).
- Develop and manage (annual) IT goals and objectives, budget, and resource plan to assure Shypple’s performance remains on par.
- Realize a significant growth of the IT department while working with the team to realize increased development speed, solid architecture, reliability, security, and data integrity.
- Ensuring fast and reliable product planning and delivery using the right methodologies and processes in order for technology to remain one of the competitive advantages on Shypple’s growth path.
What you'll bring
- A master’s degree (preferred) / bachelor's degree (required) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related engineering fields.
- 5+ years of managing product and tech teams in a tech scale-up, at least at mid management level but preferably in a leadership role.
- Experience in logistics and/or with a SaaS solution.
- A software engineering background in web development.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in a rapidly growing, non-corporate environment.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with a proven ability to build and motivate an international and global team and to work within a complex, fast-paced business environment.
What you get
- A great working environment with a team of highflyers who work together for extraordinary success.
- A competitive salary.
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. 25 vacation days, work remote abroad one week a year, a high-end laptop, pension contribution, employee option plan).
- The opportunity to be a part of a great adventure where you can grow, develop, and get the best out of yourself, including a yearly budget for personal development.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam with a sunny roof terrace.
"The Shypple way" is increasingly creating interest in the national and international press (Quote, NRC, FD, Supply Chain Magazine, De Binnenvaartkrant, Payoneer, Wired) and radio (BNR). The magnificent growth is also recognized by various nominations: Sprout - Startup of the year and EU-Startups - Dutch Startups to Watch in 2019.
If you are convinced that you are the right person for this role, we are delighted to receive your application before 30 September 2020. You will be hearing from us within 1 week. You can apply by submitting your resume and answering a few questions on our application form. Interviewing will start upon first applications, fulfillment of the position will be as soon as possible.
For further information, you can contact Armijn Peltekian - Head of People - via email@example.com.
Please do not contact us for sales purposes